Derbyshire 2013 Sports Event Fund Keeps Olympic Flame Burning
Derbyshire’s Community Sports Trust has grants available of up to £250 for local community organisations, clubs and parish councils across Derbyshire to help them run events with a sporting theme this summer.
The grants are part of a nationwide Community Games project, funded through the government’s Social Action Fund. The grants are available from Monday 18th March.
Groups can apply for up to £250 if the event didn’t receive funding in 2012, or £150 if funding was granted last year, and the group would like to be supported again. This is available on a first come, first served basis for events that will take place by the end of August 2013. There are approximately 40 grants available in total.
Hayley Lever, CST Chief Officer, said, “This is a great opportunity for us to support local volunteers who were inspired by London 2012, organised events last year, and would like to make them an annual feature of. community life. Summer carnivals, galas, fun runs and sports events are all eligible.”
“Volunteers work really hard year in, year out, in villages and neighbourhoods across Derbyshire, often on a shoestring. The grant can help them to pay for equipment, medals, marketing and other resources that they need to put that extra little ‘pizzazz’ into their event. This funding will help Derbyshire to keep the Olympic and Paralympic flame burning in 2013.”
In addition to the funding, Village and Community Games Organisers can download event support material - scorecards, certificate templates, risk assessment templates and event toolkits, on the Community Games and Village Games websites. For more information, and an application form, visit our website.
Notes to Editors
- For more info please contact: Lissa Cook 07818 411791 / email@example.com
- You can download high resolution images to support this article here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lissacook/collections/72157631486238640/
- For a list of last year’s successful projects see: http://www.communitysportstrust.co.uk/news-events/2012/05/28/40_Local_Groups_to_Celebrate_Olympics_thanks_to_Derbyshire_2012_Event_Fund/
- The Community Sports Trust is a not for profit Community Interest Company. Our vision is of communities where people of all ages and interests take part and compete in sport and recreation opportunities. Communities will have strong sustainable sports infrastructure with high quality volunteers, coaches and leaders.
- The Community Sports Trust manages community-based sports development projects. Our flagship initiative is the Derbyshire Village Games (run in partnership with Derbyshire Dales District Council, Sport England, Derbyshire County PCT and Derbyshire County Council). Inspired by the 2012 Olympics, this innovative three year project’s aim is simple - we want people of all ages and abilities in villages across the county to get active. Our network of Village Games Officers work at grassroots level delivering sport on the doorstep.
- For more information contact Hayley Lever at Community Sports Trust PO Box 43, High Peak, SK23 6ZU. Tel 01663 751608, 07947 897015. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org