New Jog Derbyshire Run at National Trust Kedleston Hall
Jog Derbyshire has teamed up with the National Trust to create a brand new monthly, Sunday morning run in the spectacular grounds of the 18th century neo-classical mansion Kedleston Hall near Quarndon, Derby.
The first run will be held on Sunday 24th March. Runners can choose from a 3, 2 or 1 mile course. There will be a rolling start with registration open between 9 and 10am. It costs just £2 per person to take part which includes entry to the grounds. Participants can also meet up afterwards with fellow Jog Derbyshire group runners as well as friends and family who come to cheer them on and enjoy a special 20% off discount at the National Trust cafe (open from 10am). Children can take part if they are accompanied by an adult.
Andrea Kemp from the Community Sports Trust which runs Jog Derbyshire said: “We’re delighted to work with the National Trust which has been campaigning hard on helping people to reconnect with the great outdoors and providing activities that families can enjoy together.”
Jog Derbyshire Coordinator Natalie Trethewey said: “Anyone can take part but the emphasis is on encouraging beginner joggers to have a go at their first run in friendly, informal atmosphere. It’s not a race - it won’t be timed, so there’s no pressure. People can bring their own stop watch and perhaps use the course to take the first steps to entering a longer run or race or simply enjoy jogging or walking around Kedleston’s beautiful parkland.”
Thom Bamforth, the National Trust’s Community, Learning and Engagement Manager at Kedleston said: “We are delighted to be working in partnership with jog Derbyshire to help to promote and encourage fitness in our local community, and encourage people to use and enjoy the parkland at Kedleston.”
The next runs will be 24th March, 21st April, 23rd June, 28th July, 11th August, 22nd September, 27th October, 24th November and 22nd December.
Notes to Editors:
- You can download high resolution images from Jog Derbyshire including two images of Kedleston Hall.
- There is no need to book in advance - just turn up and register as a Jog Derbyshire member between 9 and 10am. Runners can start at any time between 9 and 10am.
- The run is NOT officially timed.
- Under 14s must run with an adult who is registered as a Jog Derbyshire member.
- For more information about Jog Derbyshire call Andrea Kemp on 07917 634 153 or Michelle Simmons 07584 493275 /firstname.lastname@example.org or Natalie Trethewey 07584 569121 / email@example.com. For media enquiries call Lissa Cook on 01663 751 126 / 07818 411 791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kedleston Hall http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/kedleston-hall/ is near Quarndon, Derby, DE22 5JH. The 18th Century Hall was used as a key location in the recent Hollywood film, The Duchess, starring Keira Knightly.
- Jog Derbyshire is a county wide project which aims to encourage people to become fitter and be more active by starting to jog on a regular basis with people of similar fitness levels. Our two Jog Derbyshire Coordinators Michelle Simmons and Natalie Trethewey are establishing a network of community based jogging groups through which anyone who is new to jogging, or has not run for a long time, can be guided through a series of gentle walking and jogging programmes led by a qualified Jog Derbyshire Leader.
- Jog Derbyshire is funded through BIG Lottery, Sport England lottery funding and Derbyshire County Council and is part of the Active Derbyshire campaign. The Active Derbyshire website has lots of ideas and advice on how you can become more active. You can also keep a record of your activity to show your progress.
- The Community Sports Trust is a not for profit Community Interest Company. Our vision is of communities where people of all ages and interests take part and compete in sport and recreation opportunities. Communities will have strong sustainable sports infrastructure with high quality volunteers, coaches and leaders.
- Kedleston Hall