Behaviour Change Workshops - New for 2015
Changing the habits of an increasingly sedentary nation to become more active more often is a daunting task.
Working with psychologists and exercise providers we have a developed a practical and insightful one day workshop to look at the challenges in engaging individuals in physical activity and learn behaviour change strategies that can be used on a day-to-day basis when talking to people about their activity levels.
During the workshop you will:
- Discuss the challenges in achieving behaviour change
- Learn about the current thinking in explaining behaviour change
- Understand the value of motivational interviewing in engaging with individuals and identifying their thoughts about exercise and change
- Look at solution focused techniques for goal setting and planning
- Consider the gap between people's intentions to exercise and their actual exercise behaviour and how this gap may be bridged
- Look at the environmental factors that encourage active behaviour
For more information, please contact Andrea Kemp